1. Q: What is Standz Basketball?
A: Standz Basketball is an app that utilizes the video camera of your mobile device to track your shots made and automatically capture those highlights.
2. Q: Is there a limit on how many shots I can capture?
A: You can capture as many shots as you want provided that there’s enough storage on your phone.
3. Q: Can I use Standz Basketball on any type of backboard for auto recognition?
A: Standz Basketball will track on most types of backboards, though we recommend indoor regulation backboards for best results.
4. Q: Can I use Standz Basketball to capture a full game?
A: Yes, you can set your phone up, point at the hoop, and let Standz Basketball capture every made basket on that hoop. Standz Basketball only captures highlights from one hoop at a time, so you will need to relocate the phone to the other side of the court between halves.
5. Q: What do I do if the app does not capture a highlight?
A: If for some reason the app does not capture a highlight automatically, you may also tap the “5S” button to capture a highlight manually.
6. Q: Can I use Standz Basketball with an iOS or an Android mobile device?
A: Currently, Standz Basketball is only available on iOS. The app will be available for Android in the near future.
7. Q: What’s the best location for my phone to be placed to capture highlights?
A: For best results, stabilize your phone on a tripod at the sidelines near midcourt with good lighting on the hoop.
8. Q: Can I share my highlights to social media?
A: Yes, you can share your highlights using standard iOS sharing features, including to Facebook, Twitter, Messages, etc.
9. Q: Are there special effects that I can add to my videos?
A: You can add special effects to your videos by selecting a single video, and tap the “Edit” button to bring up the different available effect options.
10. Q: Is there a way to add or purchase new special effects for my videos?
A: No not at this time, however there might be something in the future.
11. Q: Can I use Standz Basketball on my iPad?
A: While Standz Basketball is designed and optimized for iPhone, you can use Standz Basketball on your iPad with the 2x zoom option.
12. Q: Are there plans for additional sports?
A: Basketball is the first sport to utilize Standz technology, with opportunity to expand to additional sports in the future.
13. Q: Can I use Standz Basketball as a spectator in the stands?
A: Yes, however the accuracy could be off due to angle and distance from the backboard.